Sunday, October 19, 2014

Artist Instrument and Score

Here is my artist instrument for Sound and Image:

This instrument is comprised of the keys from a glockenspiel and a bucket with water. When the keys are dipped in the water their pitch bends down. The frame is made of PVC pipe. Unique mallets can be used to bring out different colors of sound from the suspended keys. I chose the glockenspiel because I knew that it would produce a clear tone, while still having a unique effect with the water. The frame was made for an easier use of the entire system. Overall the instrument produces a pure tone that can be distorted to the performers will.




Here is my artist score for the hinges on wood instrument:
 I intended my score to be read left to right, top to bottom. I wanted the upside down treble clef to signify the beginning while the bass clef to be the end. The first few scatter of black dots is suppose to represent a quiet tapping sound, the big black line is to indicate a repeat of that section as much as the performer wants. Next is where hinges squeak. The middle section is rhythmic and loud to start, but then gets more chaotic. Finally, the performer has one last quiet section to play the thin strand to the end. 










Here is my partners score for me:
I read my partners score in a spiral. I started on the right and wound my was down and eventually to the middle. The shapes represented different notes. The squiggly lines are when I am suppose to dip the keys down in the water. The grouping of shapes was the rhythm and speed that I should take the piece. I interpreted that as being very slow, and in a three feel. The written sections were to indicate what mood I should be portraying at the time. The size of the shapes also indicated how loud I should play each note.

No comments:

Post a Comment